Visa entry for conference attendees can be categorized into three types depending
on the country of passport held by the attendee:
1. Countries Eligible for Visa Exemption and Visa on Arrival: Attendees can
directly travel to Taiwan with their passports, without the need to apply for a visa.
The countries include:
- 90-day Visa Exemption: Australia, Austria, Andorra, Belgium, Bulgaria,
Canada, Chile, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Eswatini, Estonia, Finland,
France, Germany, Greece, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland,
Israel, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg,
Malta, Marshall Islands, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, North
Macedonia, Norway, Palau, Paraguay, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino,
Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Tuvalu, U.K., U.S.A., and Vatican City
- 30-day Visa Exemption: Belize, Dominican Republic, Malaysia, Nauru, St. Kitts
and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, and Singapore.
- Pilot 14-day Visa Exemption: Thailand, Brunei, and Philippines.
- Visa on Arrival: Turkish citizens holding a passport valid for more than six
2. Countries Eligible to Directly Apply for e-Visa: Attendees from Bahrain,
Bosnia and Herzegovina, Burkina Faso, Colombia, Dominica, Ecuador, Kiribati,
Kosovo, Kuwait, Mauritius, Montenegro, Oman, Panama, Peru, Qatar, Saudi Arabia,
Solomon Islands, Turkey, and United Arab Emirates can apply directly for an e-visa.
They don’t need to be listed in the table below for prior approval.
3. Countries That Need Prior Approval for e-Visa Usage: Countries not included
in the visa exemption and direct e-visa application above must apply for approval to
use the e-visa through the Academia Sinica. Therefore, these attendees must submit
the information page of their passports in advance. The conference organizer
(Academia Sinica) will fill out the table (see figure) to apply for e-visa approval.
For more information, please see:
- Visitors from more than 66 countries are eligible for visa-exempt entry. Please check the following link to determine whether participants require a visa https://www.boca.gov.tw/cp-149-4486-7785a-2.html
- Visa requirements for the participants whose nationality is People Republic of China (summarized in the table in Chinese)
- Residence NOT in Mainland China (備註3): They can travel to Taiwan by applying tourist VISAs. In case an invitation letter is needed, please follow the information below.
- Residence in Mainland China (資格8): Traveling to Taiwan is only possible by the invitations from the local organization team in Taiwan (. Please follow the instructions sent by the General Chair. If you need any assistance, please contact the General Chair of RTSS 2023.
- The following is required docs for residence in Mainland China 中國籍居住於中國之參加者应备文件如下，由台灣方邀請單位線上送出申請，應備文件須以彩色影像製成圖檔，檔案大小須為512kb以內，格式為jpg或jpeg，內容須端正、清楚，檔案名稱請以該文件類型命名（一）台灣地區入出境申請书，中文姓名及相关资料填写，英文姓名须与其护照或大陆居民往来台湾通行证之英文姓名相同。（二）六个月以上效期之大陆地区护（证）照、大陆地区居民身分证或足资证明其身分文件复印件。（jpeg files）（三）最近二年内所拍摄之二吋彩色、脱帽、未戴有色眼镜，五官清晰、不遮盖，相片不修改，足资辨识人貌，直四点五公分，横三点五公分，人像自头顶至下颚之长度不得小于三点二公分及超过三点六公分，白色背景之正面半身薄光面纸照片一张，且不得使用合成照片。（jpeg files）（四）专业活动计划书及行程表：请依来台目的、理由、专业性及其他有关事由具体列述，并详实填写行程内容。目前未開放眷屬隨行。(PDF or word files)（五）申请人资格证明文件（三个月内开立之职务证明正本）。
The invitation letters can be directly issued during the RTSS2023 conference/workshop registration process.
In case the information in the default invitation letter is insufficient for VISA requests, please contact RTSS 2023 organization – firstname.lastname@example.org In your request email, please include the following information
- First & last name
- Gender (male / female)
- Birth date (to avoid month/day confusion, please use a format similar to dd-Mon-yyyy)
- Passport number & country of issuance
- Company / affiliation
For authors of accepted papers at RTSS 2023, workshops, Brief Industrial Papers and Brief Presentations, please also include the title in your email. For other participants, please wait for the registration to be open as the organizers cannot commit to providing you an invitation letter without such registration.
Traveling to/from Taipei
Travel Intro: https://youtu.be/uuQYUeW96ak
There are two airports in the Taipei area:
- Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport (TPE, Taipei Airport)
- It is located about 40 minutes outside of Taipei city
- TPE airport has direct flights to most major cities in Europe, America, Oceania, and Asia.
- Transportation means to Taipei city can be summarized in the following table:
- Taipei Songshan Airport (TSA)
- It is located in Taipei city
- Direct access to the conference venue by the MRT (subway) transportation via the Wenhu Line (Brown)